Re-live the 1960’s – even if you weren’t there!
Ed Kazmirski’s Taurus is a classic design of its era. He was world champion in 1960 with his own designed Orion and then flew the Taurus in Switzerland in 1962, finishing 3rd overall. The strength of this design was evident in that 16 of the 38 competitors flew a Taurus. Interestingly enough, Ed had a proportional controlled model of another design but chose to fly his reed controlled Taurus. This model epitomizes the design philosophy of the time with a thick wing section to provide the stability they were looking for. We have recreated this model for you following the model airplane plan as closely as we can but have incorporated a couple of small improvements to it with a 5.0 mm ply spar carrying the “G” load a bit more efficiently.
We have included a moulded canopy that is period accurate. This will be a great flier with either an OS LA46 (0.46 cu in) motor or an equivalent electric motor.
We do production runs daily, so any kitset will generally ship within 1 to 2 working days.
(Thanks to Evan Pimm for the photo).
- Wingspan: 70" / 1778mm
- Number of channels: 4
- Recommended engine size: 45 two stroke or electric equivalent.
- Includes a full-sized rolled plan.
- Vac Formed Canopy
Materials Required for Short Kit Airframe Completion:
- 2.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 6
- 2.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 4
- 9.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 12.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 6.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 6
- 3.0 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 9.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 12.5 Triangle x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 6.5 x 9.5 x 915 Spruce x 1
- K&S Music Wire #508 x 36" x 1
- 8.0 mm dowel x 300 x 1