The Spook design first appeared in 1940 as a 48” and a 72” wingspan model. It appears to have been a very successful model and has all the characteristics of models from that era – lots of wing area, large tail surfaces and a high lift wing section.
We have taken the original 48" and redrawn the wings and tailplane to create a full-size builders plan for the 72" model, to allow easy building of this gorgeous vintage model. The plan and kitset include information and material to build functional rudder and elevator for RC.
Like our other 72" Vintage models, this would fly beautifully on a 35 to 45 four stroke, or if you're lucky enough to own a vintage engine, go for it! An electric engine will work equally as well.
- Wingspan: 72" / 1828mm
- Number of channels: 3
- Recommended engine size: 35 - 45 four stroke or electric equivalent
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Materials Required for Short Kit Airframe Completion:
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 1.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa sticks x 18
- 6.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 6.0mm Pine Dowel x 300 x 1
- 1/8" x 36" Music Wire x 1