Calypso (Retro)64' 60 size Laser Cut Short Kit
The Calypso, a design from Hanno Prettner was an exercise in simplifying the growing complexity of F3A aerobatic models. It is still a fantastic F3A aerobatic model that won the 1983 World RC Aerobatic Champs. Here's your chance to fly a retro version of the model.
The Calypso performs amazing aerobatic routines with a 60 size two stroke, 90 four stroke or 10cc petrol, or 5 cell electric motor.
We have re-engineered some aspects of the build to simplify construction, and better align with modern building practices. To accompany the modifications we have completely re-drawn the plan to match.
Also included is a vacuum formed cowling and canopy.
We do production runs daily, so any kitset will generally ship within 1 to 2 working days.
- Wingspan: 64" / 1625mm
- Number of channels: 5-6
- Recommended engine size: 60 two stroke, 91 four stroke or 5 cell electric equivalent.
- Includes full sized rolled plan.
Materials Required For Short Kit Airframe Completion:
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 2.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 3
- 2.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 12
- 12.5 x 32 x 915 Balsa Trailing Edge x 2
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Stick x 8
- 6.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 3
- 9.5 x 22 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2